Selenium Automation Testing: Important Interview Question & Answers
In this article, we have listed the most commonly asked Interview questions as well as their answers for Selenium Automation testing. We have also included the most searched topics in Selenium testing which includes Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid and Selenium WebDriver interview questions.
Just to inform our students and readers, we keep updating this article with more and more questions and answers as per the latest trends in the job market. Our main goal is to prepare our students and readers job ready.
This is the last tutorial in our Selenium online training series of 30+ comprehensive tutorials. I hope you all enjoyed these tutorials and started learning from it.
1. What is Automation Testing and why we need to go for automation testing
Automation testing is the process of doing testing without any manual intervention. We automate manual test cases using any of the automation tools with any of one programming language.
• To Save time
• To save money
• Reusable ( we can ran same test cases any number of times like regression testing)
• Error prone human behavior
2. Explain me types of automation testing
We have two types of automation testing
- Functional Automation: Here automate only functional test cases which basically checks for functionality of application. There are so many tools available for functional automation like QTP, Selenium, VSTS etc..
- Non-Functional automation (performance testing): As name says we are not checking for functionality but check for performance of the application with respect to response time. Let’s take an example of Gmail application, user enters user id and password and clicks on Login button here we check how much time Gmail is taking to provide response to the user. There are so many tools available for Non-functional automation like Load Runner, JMETER, Silk Performer etc..In Non-Functional OR Performance testing we do below types of testing through automation
- Load Testing
- Stress Testing
- Volume Testing
3. When to go for Automation Testing
We go for automation in below cases
- When we have a scope for regression testing
- When application is stable
- When no frequent changes to application
4. Can you explain me Selenium and futures of Selenium
Selenium is functional automation tool and it is used for automation of functional test cases.
Futures of Selenium:
- It’s Open source functional automation tool and allows to automate functional test cases
- Selenium tool allows to automate only web based applications
- Selenium tool supports compatibility testing like you automate test cases and execute them in any browsers like Chrome, IE etc..
- We can run test cases any of the operating systems like Windows, Android, IOS, MAC etc…
- Selenium supports using of multiple languages. It supports below programming languages